Our Finnish coworker Pekka is going back to Finland. But before getting 'beamed up' -remember that he has a serious crush on Star Trek- he's sharing his personal top five of the capital:
1. Food&Drinks: "The favourite recipe I'll take back to Finland is the famous 'chicons au gratin'. Delicious! But during my time in Brussels I've also developed a crush for chocolate and Trappist beer."
2. People: "In Brussels people are open and talkative. I like that they're often smiling and greet each other in the streets."
3. Hart of Europe: "You can go everywhere in Europe by train from Brussels: Antwerp, Bruges, Ghent but also Paris or Amsterdam... "
4. Neighbourhood: "Etterbeek: it has nice streets and buildings, and is quite green with a lot of parks and... everything you want to do at walking distance."
5. Terraces&markets: "There's always a massive amount of people socialising on the terraces and the markets in Place Jourdan, Place Flagey, Place du Châtelain..."